changes

Gretchen Edgren budsms@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 14:21:47 -0400

Hello, everybody. I haven't had much to say lately, partly because Bud and I
were on a trip up the Amazon and Orinoco Rivers. Amazing the bargains that
are out there now that the cruise industry is in the toilet! Unfortunately,
everybody else's is, too.

>From what I hear, I rather doubt that Playboy will greatly resemble OFM
after all the changes currently under way have been made. Apparently only 7
of the present 30-plus editorial employees will remain by summer, and rumor
has it fiction will be pretty much a thing of the past. Some new people have
been hired, also from Maxim, and a handful of staffers will move from
Chicago to New York. One of the floors of Playboy's Windy City HQ has
already been vacated. Various offices in the L.A. area have been consolidated.

>From a personal standpoint, I haven't yet been able to find out whether or
not my services will still be required for The Year in Sex (or even if the
feature will continue), but I suppose having done it since its inception 26
years ago was a pretty good run!

Perhaps the new magazine will be more successful in attracting new readers,
or should I say surfers? Who knows, and we'll wait and see.

Best to you all,

gretchen