Covers

Brad Hodges brad461@earthlink.net
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:19:27 -0400

----
>i am
>particularly put off by the all-caps, overly large, square-shaped font
>that they have consistently used on their covers.  to me, this gives
>the magazine a sterile look -- and that is just not the vibe i want to
>get from PLAYBOY.

I wish Playboy would take a page from The New Yorker, which does not have
cover lines on subscriber issues, and has a kind of transparent half-page in
a vellum-type paper with coverlines on the newstand issues. With news that
fiction is probably disappearing, I guess it's an indication that's a pipe
dream on my part. (Dropping fiction is a BAD idea.

Brad