Speaking of changes....

Peggy Wilkins mozart@lib.uchicago.edu
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:40:16 -0500

    Brian> How's this for a change?  Not only is Christina Santi-
    Brian> ago not on the cover of the June issue.  She's not
    Brian> even mentioned on the cover!  It just says "Playmate
    Brian> of the Year  REVEALED!"

Well, I gotta say, I am shocked and disappointed.  This is a straying
from a venerable tradition.  The first PMOYs were not on the cover,
but they have been ever since Donna Michelle in 1964.  The PMOY cover
has been something I have looked forward to ever since I saw my first
PMOY, Dorothy Stratten, in 1980 -- truly a stunning cover that was.
After I see this issue for myself, this definitely warrants a well
thought out letter to Dear Playboy.

Too bad the date today isn't April 1!

Peggy Wilkins
mozart@uchicago.edu