Peggy's letter about the June cover

Donna Tavoso dtavoso@earthlink.net
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 16:46:01 -0500 (EST)

Peggy wrote - The real point for me here was that this particular
tradition is meaningful to me -- I hold it in high value.  When it
wasn't observed this year, I felt that they had given up on a part of
what I thought PLAYBOY was.

I have to say I disagree, the very fact that you later wrote about how
much press coverage that about who the PMOY was and how it disproved
my point about not putting her name on the cover shows exactly how
much Playboy is still tied to that tradition.  In fact I thought
Christina's pictorial was beautiful and in my opinion her photos were
much more striking and eye catching than the ones in recent years.  I
will be interested, as I am sure all of you will be, to see the
subscriber's response to not seeing the PMOY on the cover.