The August Issue

Donna Tavoso dtavoso@earthlink.net
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:17:47 -0500 (EST)

I have to say that if someone canceled their subscription over one
pictorial that is somewhat sad -- my complient wasn't with the subject
but more my issue with all the pictorials - I just wish they were more
related to the subject.  She's a muscian, a singer, an artist --
nothing of that comes through in her pictorial.  It was like, here I
am, I'm naked.  I wish that Playboy would work on a way to bring the
Playmates and the celebrity pictorials more in line with their
personalities and then tie that back into making it sexy and
appealing.  I agree with Peggy that special editions has some great
photographs in it, it may be because they actually leave the photo
studio every once in a while to do a shoot.  I remember how much I
loved Brande Roderick's original photo shoot because it was shot
outside in the wine country -- it was fun and I felt it was reflective
of her.

While I disagree with Peggy about changing the format of the Interview
- I think sometimes you don't mess with what is iconic - at least not
when you are changing everything else.  But I do agree that the
sidebar was a weird choice of topics, I was expecting other great
comic movies or even something about other stars who have dependency
issues, since that was the most interesting part of the interview in
my opinion.

I do agree that they need to do something with Advisor.  Personally,
it's the first thing I read every month and it looks tired -- I can't
say I have an exact answer of what to do; maybe this would be a good
place for some interesting artwork to go with the piece.

I like the new direction fashion has been taking for a while.  It's
entertaining and informative at the same time.

And I found the sports feature to be a fun and informative read -- it
gave me some fun stuff to talk about when I was at parties, which is
something I always say about Playboy it gives you social ammunition so
you are more well rounded.

By far my favorite piece was the Cop Tease piece, I felt it was well
written and a good read.  My one regret, this was a place that I
thought a great piece of artwork next to the story would have been
better than the photo.  There were enough photos on the next page.

Donna