Scattered Shots

Alfred Urrutia rampagingsloth@yahoo.com
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:34:15 -0700 (PDT)

--- Donna Tavoso <dtavoso@earthlink.net> wrote:

> At the risk of repeating myself, I have to say that this is not just a
> Playboy phenomenon but one that is shared by our country as a whole.
> My god, almost every news show (both regular and entertainment)
> carried the story about the old naked photographs of Carmen Diaz that
> were being offered for sale and how she had an injunction against him
> selling it.
>
> I applaud you guys for saying you are beyond it and aren't interested
> but as a single woman who spends a lot of time with guys I have to say
> you are in the minority.  No guy I know would not run to the newsstand
> to see a picture of Anna Kournikova nude -- I think we are a celebrity
> obsessed nation and until that changes I don't think that Playboy can
> survive without celebrities on the cover.

I would maybe jog to the newsstand to see that.  Not because she's a
celebrity, but because she's pretty enough.  On the other hand, I
would run *away* from newsstands showing, say, Carnivore Wilson nude.
Celebrity alone isn't enough. Anybody waiting for Pauli Shore's next
movie?  I'm not.  How about Winger's next album?  No again.

> I do think they should give more support to the Playmates, I wish they
> would do a feature about some of the girls who have gone out and
> started new careers outside of acting -- and I wish those who had been
> Playmates and are now on the brink of success like Lisa Dergan would
> give a nod to Playboy when she is on the cover of Stuff or that Nikki
> Ziering wouldn't go on the Craig Kilbourn show, to promote her new
> movie and tell the audience not to buy the Playboy issue because she
> thinks the pictures aren't that good.

Well, isn't she entitled to her opinion?  Maybe she wanted to not look
like Pamela Anderson.  I'm sure she doesn't get final say in what
shots get used. But I do agree that Playboy should support Playmates
most.  I mean, that's their only monopoly.  Maxim, FHM, GQ, Stun,
etc., can *all* get their hands on celebrities for pictorials.  Only
Playboy can have Playmates (at least for 2 years nude).  There should
be more emphasis on Playmates in the NSSs and on the Playboy Channel
and in their videos.

Alfred.

=====
"When you're surrounded by midgets with hammers, you know
 you're going to get a pounding."
 - Triple-H, on how horror movies can help you to evaluate
   real life dangers.
Alfred Urrutia                     rampagingsloth@yahoo.com