Scattered Shots

Donna Tavoso dtavoso@earthlink.net
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:58:25 -0500 (EST)

Alfred wrote -
> I would maybe jog to the newsstand to see that.  Not because she's a
> celebrity, but because she's pretty enough.  On the other hand, I
> would run *away* from newsstands showing, say, Carnivore Wilson nude.

My comment was on Carnie Wilson, who you may have noticed that Playboy
didn't even mention on the cover. It was about the fact that men will
go to buy an issue because of a celebrity -- Anna is pretty, but if
she was just a pretty girl you wouldn't jog to the newsstand to get
it, you go because she is famous and she is pretty -- on a side note,
save your money, the pictures are picked up from her calendar and are
about as dull as you can get.

> Well, isn't she entitled to her opinion?  Maybe she wanted to not look
> like Pamela Anderson.  I'm sure she doesn't get final say in what
> shots get used.

Of couse she's entitled to her opinion, that wasn't my point, my point
was more that everyone is always griping about how Playmates aren't on
the cover enough etc, and here Playboy puts one on the cover to help
support her in her new movie and then does press to support the issue
and her movie (she's not the star, the studio wasn't going to get her
on any show) and she slams Playboy by telling people not to buy the
issue.  If she didn't like the photos she could have spoken up at the
photo shoot (and yes they do and can) -- My point was that as much as
everyone hates all the reality stars or B-stars who pose for the
magazine, when they go out and promote it, they talk about what a
great experience it was, how they love the pictures, that makes people
want to buy the magazine.

And I don't think that Playboy should support the Playmates by being
in more Playboy Videos (first of all they are already in tons of
those) or being on Playboy TV, I think they should support them more
by helping them be on more mainstream shows, like they did for Brande
Roderick w/Baywatch.  But I also think they should support other
Playmate efforts like Danelle Folta and the Playboy X-Treme team, it
shows a whole different side of the Playmates.