Celebrities on the newstand/Has an A-lister ever posed when they were A-list?

Peggy Wilkins mozart@lib.uchicago.edu
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:43:59 -0500

    Brian> Has an "A" level celebrity ever willing posed in Playboy
    Brian> when they were at an "A" level?

The one that occurs most obviously to me is Bo Derek (3/80 and 8/80
were her most A-list-timed appearances).  Another John Derek wife
should also be included: Ursula Andress appeared multiple times in the
'60s and '70s.  Also Jayne Mansfield -- she may have been an unknown
as the 2/55 Playmate, but appeared every February after that in new
pictures for a number of years while she was a top level movie star.

Marilyn Monroe had been planned for a special cover but her death
prevented that.

Catherine Deneuve in 10/65; Ann Margaret in 10/66.

Joan Collins may have been over 50 when she was in the 12/83 issue,
but her fame was bigger at that time than in her youth due to Dynasty.
I would call her A-list.

Some of the models should count here, too: Amber Smith, Stephanie
Seymour, Rachel Williams, Elle, Naomi Campbell.

Drew Barrymore 1/95.

So I would say there have been more than a few.