What part of Europe are you talking about?

Brian Wallace brian_c_wallace@yahoo.com
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:08:23 -0700 (PDT)

I've enjoyed all of this discussion tremendously.
Like a great tennis match.....anyhow,while I don't
hope to claim a knowledge of all of Playboy's foreign
editions, I do feel I am knowledgeable about the
content of most of the European editions of at least
the last three years and I don't feel that the pic-
torial content is more explicit than the US edition
at all.

Most of the pictorial content in the Italian, Spanish
and especially the French editions is recycled
content from the American edition.  Most of these
three editions even have the exact same covers
as the American version.  The French Playmates are
simply American Playmates with almost identical
pictures.  I'm not taking a microscope to inspect
the anatomy but I think they are pretty much the same.
None of the pictorials show any sort of content that
would be at say the Penthouse level if that's what
you mean by "explicit".

The German Playboy hardly ever publishes American
pictorials.  Its pictorial content is almost 100%
unique.  And as I'm sitting here with the American
and German July Playboys in front of me, I think
the American version may be MORE explicit!

There are four pictorials:

1.  Actress and cover girl Sarah Kuttner in which
her lower frontal region is shown only partially in
two photos.  The pictures are dark and "arty".

2.  Playmate Marie Amihere in which her lower frontal
region is shown twice, once being in her centerfold.

3.  A mostly black and white fantasy pictorial that's
more of a fashion spread with one model wearing
see-through lace panties in one picture.

4.  Another beach/fashion pictorial in which the female
model is only topless.

So, you see, while I respect all of your opinions,
stating that the European versions of Playboy are
more explicit is something I don't agree with.
The American edition is probably more explicit than
any of the European ones.  At least WESTERN Europe.
I bet you some of the Eastern European ones or the
Brazilian edition really push the envelope.

Brian Wallace