This project

Mark Tomlonson tomlonson@wmich.edu
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:04:27 -0400

Peggy Wilkins wrote:

>I have seen
>time after time where they listened to comments and advice and acted
>on it.  Much of this is from a few years back, but it does demonstrate
>that somebody cares.

I have seen several things that I suggested or mentioned on the PML take
hold in the pages of OFM. My essay on Tonya Crews' centerfold was
excerpted, I'd like to take at least some credit for Playboy moving away
from the massive digital smoothing in Kim Stamfield's centerfold and
there are those birthdays that now show up in Playmate News.

I'm not kidding myself - my name doesn't appear on the masthead as
assistant editor. It's by no means unheard of for a good idea to crop up
in a couple of places at once. Still I think Peggy is absolutely on the
money when she says that PEI listens to our little group. I would fully
expect that should a summary of our discussion appear at the door to the
PEI editorial boardroom it would be read and considered.

I'm not in the magazine business, I'm in the radio business, but both
are media. If a focus group of listeners  submitted a list of thoughts
about our radio programming we'd read and consider the document. Some
points I'm sure would be rejected. No focus group sees a picture as
large as the station's senior staff, or PEI's editorial and publishing
managers. However ignoring reasoned input from consumers is folly in any
business.

Mark Tomlonson
Kalamazoo MI