This project

Peggy Wilkins mozart@lib.uchicago.edu
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 23:46:30 -0500

    Brian> Peggy Wilkins wrote:
    >> ... it makes a large portion of our task here much more
    >> clearly defined: we must try to convince him that while society
    >> has indeed changed (the observations he makes are undeniable),
    >> the way to approach those changes in a new PLAYBOY is not to
    >> dumb it down.

    Brian> I agree that changing Mr. Hefner's mind on this matter
    Brian> ought to be the primary goal of this mailing list.
    Brian> Everything else that we've discussed here is secondary.

That is not quite what I said, though -- to me, this paraphrase of
what I said is not accurate.  For me, this project (which goes far
beyond being a mailing list) has a very large scope; and I have no
intention of narrowing the scope of what I want to do.

I think my point in making this reply is to make it clear that I
am somewhat taken aback any time anyone else tries to say what my goal
is or ought to be.  (To be fair to Brian, he is not the only one to
have done this.)

    Brian> Peggy, if we all feel this way, maybe you should draft a
    Brian> unanimous statement to this effect in your final report.

However I end up presenting this issue in the report, I will no doubt
make it clear that this point was both of high interest and all felt
it to be important.

Peggy Wilkins
mozart@lib.uchicago.edu