It's nice to see comments like this

Peggy Wilkins mozart@lib.uchicago.edu
Mon, 02 Jun 2003 23:20:38 -0500

I subscribe to the notification service at abebooks.com, an online
site that brings together used and rare book dealers from around the
world to post their book inventory.  Whenever they get a new book
entered that has PLAYBOY as a keyword, I get an email with the
details.  This description came across recently:

  Playboy January 1979 by [Clarke, Rice, Bradbury, Updike, Robbins,
  Vidal] Chicago: Playboy, 1979 Pbk. VG. This is the 25th Anniversary
  issue of Playboy, and it is amazing.

Typically these descriptions are very terse, giving all kinds of
details about the condition of the book, so it is remarkable that this
book dealer was so impressed by this issue of PLAYBOY that he took the
time to comment on it.  As you all know by now, I certainly concur
that the 25th anniversary issue is indeed amazing!  That issue is a
tough act to follow; I hope that 25 years from now, someone will be
saying the same thing about the 50th anniversary issue.

Speaking of which -- Donna asked what we'd like to see on the 50th
anniversary cover.  That's an interesting topic, and I will definitely
be putting a few words in about it soon.  Any thoughts out there?

It's been quiet here, I think because many of us were at the Chicago
Glamourcon.  I did see quite a few of you there and there were some
interesting topics of conversation.  I took some notes for myself and
will be bringing up some of the issues here.

People are starting to get the July issue, and I look forward to any
comments.

Peggy Wilkins
mozart@lib.uchicago.edu