Division of labor

Brian Sorgatz bsorgatz@hotmail.com
Fri, 06 Jun 2003 10:35:18 -0700

Donna Tavoso wrote:
>But having a spokesperson for Playboy, an
>editor, the current Playmate or a classic playmate is far different
>than naming a successor.  In that sense Hef has chosen his successor
>and his name is Jim Kaminsky.

Hef has played not one role but two:  editor-in-chief and Mr. Playboy.  I
propose that these two roles officially be taken by two (or more) separate
people when the time comes.  As an analogy from the British government,
consider the prime minister versus the monarch.  Hef has been both at once
for the Playboy Empire, but Kaminsky probably doesn't have the charisma to
be a king as well as a prime minister.  He certainly doesn't (yet) have the
ties to the history of the institution to fill the role.

Brian Sorgatz