Please review: topics for systematic discussion

Peggy Wilkins mozart@lib.uchicago.edu
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:22:56 -0500

I would like to start a more systematic discussion of PLAYBOY-related
topics so that we will be in a good position to close this project at
the end of the summer.  This will definitely be a help to me in
writing a final report, also, so let's get to it!

Below I have included an alphabetical list of topics (and indented
subtopics) that I would like to discuss.  I will very soon assign
start dates for discussion of each listed topic.  I have three points
in doing this:

1. To keep topic discussions moving forward and assure that we discuss
all desired topics of interest;

2. To let people know what topics are coming up when, so they can
prepare their thoughts in time for a detailed discussion;

3. To alert people when to pay attention for topics of particular
interest, so that you don't need to expend as much time/energy
watching for the topic to come up (this one is perhaps more applicable
to any PEI people who might want to watch for particular relevant
topics).

Please review the below list, and let me know within the next day or
two if I have omitted anything you would still like to discuss so I
can add it to the list.  I will then assign discussion start dates for
each topic and post that back to this list soon.

This list shouldn't be considered exhaustive (especially the
subtopics; those are just things I thought important to be sure and
cover), nor should it stop any other discussions people might want to
have (especially anything about current and recent PLAYBOY issues).
It is chiefly a means of making sure we cover all relevant and
interesting topics.

There are a lot of topics here, so I suspect we will need to start on
average two new topics per week!  I will have something to say about
almost all of them, and I will take the responsibility for starting
each topical discussion.

Here is the list in alphabetical order.

50th anniversary celebration and promotion
  events
  magazine
  media
  playboy.com
  publications
advertising
  magazine
  online
art
cartoons
catalog
  customer service
circulation
  newsstand
  subscription
communication
  Chi<->LA<->NY
  print<->online
  PEI<->audience
competitors
covers
distribution and display
editorial content
features
format/layout/design
international editions
opportunities
photography
  style
  photographers
  playmate
playboy.com
  design
  relationship between free and pay site(s)
  cyber club (and other pay sites)
  international
production
  paper
  printing
promotion
  personal appearances
  media
  markets (e.g., college)
  online
  image (branding, public profile)
special editions
tradition and history
tv and video

I give my thanks in advance for any feedback.  It's your participation
that will help make this work.

Peggy Wilkins
mozart@lib.uchicago.edu