Playboy's customer service

Brian Sorgatz bsorgatz@hotmail.com
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 23:02:12 -0800

Peggy Wilkins wrote:
>Did you notice the larger title space at the top of April's interview,
>and the addition of a color picture on the second page and a sidebar
>on the third page?  I am interested to know what people thought of
>these changes.

I can't say. It's the seventh of the month, and the April issue still hasn't
arrived in my mailbox. When I called Playboy's subscriptions department, I
was told that I would receive a replacement copy -- in two to three weeks.
Outrageous! This is part of a pattern of lousy customer service at Playboy
Enterprises, as members of its Cyber Club in particular can attest. It
certainly pertains to our discussion here, because Playboy's long-term
survival depends in part on good customer service.

Brian Sorgatz