Change

Brad Hodges brad461@earthlink.net
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:56:04 -0500

I would love it if Playboy were still the magazine it was in the
sixties--I'm tired of interviews and features on light-weight
celebrities.  This is just a fantasy, though. An magazine can not set
itself in stone and hope to survive. If Playboy does not keep up with
the times, it will cease to exist, because the fanciers of the old
style will die out eventually.  There are not enough young people who
want to read retro mags. Just look at the barely surviving
Esquire. Playboy is a magazine that needs readers and advertisers, it
is not a museum (or a landmark like the Eiffel Tower).

Brad