PEI Financial Statement and Advertisers

Donna Tavoso dtavoso@earthlink.net
Fri, 9 May 2003 07:04:22 -0500 (EST)

Nothing in the world would probably make Playboy happier than to get
automotive advertising - after all it's the biggest category for ad
revenue out there -- but Detroit will not run in the book - all three
major Detroit car companies pulled out of the magazine in the 80's
during the Regan era when they got tons for mail from the right.
Maybe with the new changes they will be able to lure them back in, but
from my knowledge of that industry it's going to be a hard sell.
Maybe some of Playboy's loyal subscribers should send some notes to
Detroit and ask them why they don't feel it's important to advertise
in Playboy.  On a positive note, I did notice that Toyota has been in
the magazine lately and so has MINI Cooper so maybe that will help.

Donna