Regime Changes at Playboy

Peggy Wilkins mozart@lib.uchicago.edu
Fri, 09 May 2003 01:21:47 -0500

    Donna> And before everyone beats up the new group of people as not
    Donna> knowing the history of the magazine because they made a
    Donna> mistake of saying that Christina Santiago was the first
    Donna> PMOY of spanish or ethnic descent, I clearly remember
    Donna> reading a press about Lindsey Vuolo being the first Jewish
    Donna> Playmate only to see numerous letters to the editors about
    Donna> other Jewish Playmates who preceeded her and that was well
    Donna> before their were any editorial changes.

I don't apply my comment about longtime readers knowing more than
editors to the new staff only; it's not a new phenomenon.  It was
about a year ago when Bill Farley remarked to me that they often joked
around the office that the fans knew way more than they did about
PLAYBOY, and they were often quite surprised by the detailed
information people remembered.  I didn't mean to be beating up any new
editors over that one...

plw