PLAYBOY's lack of oversight (Was: Could Hef be brought out of retirement?)

Brian Sorgatz bsorgatz@hotmail.com
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:15:49 -0700

Peggy Wilkins wrote:
>I think there is a fundamental conflict in this.  On the one hand, it's
>important to be able to delegate; on the other hand, ultimately
>there has to be some review mechanism in place to check what is
>happening with all the details.
>
>I'm not seeing evidence that anyone is overseeing PLAYBOY to make sure
>the big picture works.

Peggy, are you a manager in your day job? If so, maybe you can tell me
whether oversight is an easier job than managing the details, a more
suitable job for a semi-retired person such as Hefner.

>April's Playmate News features Missy Cleveland as the centerfold
>from 25 years ago this month.  While they mention that she was knifed
>in a slasher movie, no mention is made that Missy is deceased.  Is
>that considered insignificant?  Considering their references to her
>slasher role, I wouldn't think so; in fact, it seems to make the
>slasher reference inappropriate.  Did no one remember she had died?
>Shouldn't someone be checking into these things?  Am I the only one
>who considers Missy's Playmate News feature in this context an error?

I wasn't aware that she had died until you said so in this post. But now
that I know, I think it was offensive not to acknowledge her death in that
paragraph.

Brian Sorgatz