Playboy50 final report

Peggy Wilkins mozart@lib.uchicago.edu
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 01:09:58 -0500

As planned, I completed the final report of this project on April 5,
and mailed a printed copy to Hugh Hefner on April 6.  The final
version is also on the web at this address:

    http://mozart.lib.uchicago.edu/mozart/pb50/

I hadn't initially intended to spend 18 months on this, but as I got
more and more into it, I slowly came to appreciate what a complicated
endeavor this project was.  I don't think my own writing in the final
submitted report adequately expresses all that I have been thinking
about PLAYBOY, but finally I had to draw the line somewhere; it
certainly wasn't doing anybody any good sitting around unexpressed.

I hope that I won't now have 30+ people very angry with me for my
selections for inclusion in the final report!  The complete discussion
archive, minus any edits by me, remains online as always.

If I were grading, I'd give myself a B+ on this project, mostly
because I am all too painfully aware of ways it could have been
better.  However, I think there is also much to be proud of in it.

I would like to thank everyone who participated.  I very much
appreciated the opportunity to engage you all, and to be engaged and
challenged myself, in thinking about PLAYBOY.  To me, the experience
was invaluable; and it wouldn't have been possible without your
participation.

I will keep you all informed of any responses I get about this
project.

plw