PMOY selection; royalism

Brian Sorgatz bsorgatz@hotmail.com
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:36:01 -0700

Dan Stiffler wrote:
>The first PMOY playoff was only the first in a long
>line of PMOY voting fraud (and you think the 2000 presidential election was
>bad...well, of course it was worse).

I thought that PMOY "elections" were understood to be advisory rather than
authoritative.  When Lisa Matthews won the title in 1991, I remember
PLAYBOY's spokespeople openly admitting to the press that Hef had the final
say.  Frankly, that's the way I like it.  When it comes to PLAYBOY, I am
truly a royalist.  Somehow, the apparently true elections for Cyber Girl and
BOL Model of the Year strike me as being too much democracy.

(By the way, I still reserve the right to openly criticize Hef's decisions.
I agree with those who say that today's Playmates look too much alike, for
example.)

Brian Sorgatz