PMOY selection

Brad Hodges brad461@earthlink.net
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:29:37 -0400

>I would also go back to the three-candidate ballot.  That way, the playmates
>who should not be or who do not want to be PMOY can be eliminated.  The
>"editors" can choose three playmates who would make good representatives and
>who are willing to commit to a year's worth of work for the magazine.  Then
>let the readers decide.

This will probably never happen, nor should it (I mean the fan vote being
the only arbiter of who the PMOY will be). What if we vote for someone who
is pregnant? Doesn't want it? (I know of one Penthouse Pet who turned down
Pet of the Year for personal reasons). Can't speak English? Etc., etc.
You're right, paying for meaningless votes was sleazy, but if the voting is
free then it's just fun to vote. The PMOY is a business decision, and no
matter who is chosen there are cries of outrage from some segment of the fan
base. Maybe Playboy could add a "reader's choice" award if it doesn't match
the PMOY.

Brad