The "Urbane Sophisticated Man"... and Woman?

Alfred Urrutia rampagingsloth@yahoo.com
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:54:56 -0800 (PST)

--- Mark Tomlonson <tomlonson@wmich.edu> wrote:

> I think the audience is still the urbane, sophisticated reader, the
> opposite of the "quarter-educated" crowd Dan mentioned. As Steve pointed
> out later in his post, this audience now includes women.
>
> I was pondering this very question at a stoplight yesterday. Is there
> anything today that is urbane? Is intellectual discussion prized? Or are
> we content with talk-radio style rantings?
>
> If we can define modern urbane then I think we've found the place
> Playboy ought to go.

Exactly.  Until Playboy figures out that definition as it stands today *and*
decides whether that's still a target they can make no moves.

Alfred.

=====
"My father was a crapsmith, his father was a crapsmith and,
 BY GOD, I am a crapsmith!"
     - What StWhore's shitty dart skills were saying in the
       Firehouse.

Alfred Urrutia                     rampagingsloth@yahoo.com